How does the election process work?
To submit an application to run for the elections to become a Youth Cabinet member all you need to do is complete a few simple steps.
Please note – to run for elections for district and borough posts you must live, work or study in Surrey and be aged between 11 and 18 or 25 if special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
All you will need to do is:
- Email email@example.com provide your name, age, school and district or borough you work, live or study in. If you are unsure about which district and borough in Surrey you can represent, please send us your postcode/nearest town and we can find out for you.
- Once you have sent the above email we will now need a photo to upload onto your candidate profile alongside your profile and consent forms.
- After this your profile will be uploaded into a survey and we will get young people to vote in Surrey on all the candidates.
We’re looking for:
- Elected members for the 11 Boroughs – these young people will represent the views of young people in their district and borough.
- Deputies – these young people will support the elected member in their district and borough.
- Ambassadors – these young people will support the elected members and deputies of their district and borough when they have free time to come along to the meetings.